Monday, November 16, 2009

How do you keep & care for 'pet' caterpillars until they turn into butterflies?

My son %26amp; I 'hunted' %26amp; 'captured' 3 caterpillars that were devouring my pansies. We kept them in a jar w/ sticks to climb on, %26amp; fresh petunia buds %26amp; blossoms every 1-2 days, in hopes to keep them until they turned into butterflies. We put air holes in the jar covering, %26amp; every 2-3 days we would dip their new flowers into water for water droplets. I figured that it would be easy because we already knew what they ate, right. At first, it was fine, they ate good, etc. But 2 of them have died %26amp; the other one doesn't eat anymore. He just constantly climbs %26amp; burrows around like he's looking for something. What are we doing wrong?

How do you keep %26amp; care for 'pet' caterpillars until they turn into butterflies?
Well we have had caterpillars and we just fed them flowers and fruit. I have no clue what you are doing wrong, it all sounds right to me. Sorry:(
Reply:what you did wrong is tat almost all caterpillars need to be kepped at a certant temputure try that out abd then your ready to go Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment