Monday, November 16, 2009

I am in Australia, It is spring, how can I get rid of earwigs who are busily munching my new seedlings ?

Petunias and pansies.

I am in Australia, It is spring, how can I get rid of earwigs who are busily munching my new seedlings ?
The best way to reduce earwig populations is to locate and treat those areas outdoors where earwigs hide during the day. These include rotting tree stumps, cracks in tree trunks, beneath pottery and stones, behind loose building boards, and in organic mulch at the base of shrubs and other plants, especially in shady areas. Once you find them, treat the earwigs with an insecticde. It is best if a rather large volume of spray is used to soak mulch areas or other hot spots.





http://infosource.uwex.edu/recorddetail....


No comments:

Post a Comment