Friday, November 13, 2009

What is a good flower (perennial) to plant between tulips ?

I am in Reading PA.....hardiness zone 7 I believe. My tulips are about done blooming and I don't want the area to be bare but am not a fan of pansy type flowers. suggestions?

What is a good flower (perennial) to plant between tulips ?
Coreopsis, daylilies, poppies, gaillarida (blanket flower), echinnacea - perrenials - all very easy to grow, all full sun. All do really well in my garden near Buffalo NY. All do well in any kind of soil, even not so great soil.
Reply:phlox... they are a small ground-creeping flower that bloom for quite a while and also make good cover for lazy gardeners like me. they come in purple, pink, and white, although the natural color of purple seems to be the hardiest


No comments:

Post a Comment